Measurement Specialties, Inc.
Information We Collect
“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII” means information that lets us know the specifics of who you are such as your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail, address, employer and job function. We request Personally Identifiable Information when you register to any on-line system, order a product or service, participate in certain promotional activities, fill out surveys and engage in general correspondence with us. Once you register and sign-in on our Site, you are not anonymous to us.
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Site such as the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website that you came from before visiting our Site, which pages you visit on our Site, your platform, your user name, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any search terms entered on the Site (collectively, “Non-PII”). We use industry accepted standards and technology (including Cookies) to collect this data and also take reasonable and up-to-date measures to maintain the security and integrity of the collected data. As used herein, Non-PII and PII is collectively referred to as “Information”.
Why We Collect this Information?
Our primary goals in collecting Information are to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalized experience while using the Site. For example, if you request information on the Site, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide the requested information. We may use your request to improve the content of the Site and to make the Site easier to use.
How We Use Your Information
We gather and may use Information in a number of ways, including the following (collectively, “Activities”):
• Browsing and Searching – We collect certain Personally Identifiable Information when you visit the Site or click on the various links for products and services. We collect this Information to help run the Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic Information, to monitor the level of activity on the Site, and possibly to evaluate the effectiveness of any of our advertising.
• Technical Support – We may collect certain Information when you request technical support for MEAS products. This Information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions and provide solutions.
• Online Surveys and Polling – We collect Personally Identifiable Information from customers who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We may use this Information to improve our products and services.
• Promotional Activities – We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you when you enter a promotional program or activity. We may use this Information from you to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails, notify winners, and make the winners’ list publicly available pursuant to applicable regulations and laws.
• Newsletters and Promotional E-mails – We collect Personally Identifiable Information when you ask to receive newsletters, promotional e-mails, and other information. We use this Information to provide you the information you request.
• Contact Information – If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personally Identifiable Information, in a file specific to you. We may use this Information to help provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
Sharing Your Information
From the time to time, we may be required to provide Personally, Identifiable Information as required by law or regulation or in response to a court order, subpoena, or government investigation. We may also cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any official investigation, and we may disclose your Personally Identifiable information to the relevant agency in doing so. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful. We may release certain Personally Identifiable Information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others and ourselves.
“Cookies” means text files that we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. You may adjust your browser to reject Cookies from us or from any other Web site. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Certain areas of our Site may be accessed only in conjunction with Cookies or similar devices. Disabling Cookies or similar devices might prevent you from accessing some of our content or fully utilizing our Site.
We have in place commercially reasonable safeguards in an effort to prevent unauthorized access and maintain data security for your Personally Identifiable Information, however no safeguards can eliminate the risk of loss.
1000 Lucas Way, Hampton, VA 23666