Job Number: HR1238 — Quality Engineer
Job Category: Quality
The functions of this position include providing support to the automotive product line by maintaining product line to TS16949 standard and maintaining positive relationships with the organization’s automotive customers. The candidate in this position will be responsible for the implementation and certification of the Fremont manufacturing clean room to TS 16949 automotive standards.
- Perform and communicate corrective actions to customer specified standards and practices.
- Perform 8d analysis or document Engineering analysis and present to customer.
- Maintain measurement systems analysis per automotive standards.
- Maintain and respond to customer scorecards.
- Must maintain IMDS documentation on automotive products.
- Must understand PPAP, PSW, 8D, and automotive standards for internal audits.
- Prepare and present initial PPAP and present PSW to customer.
- Must oversee but not maintain SPC on automotive line.
- Responsibilities include maintenance of automotive standards on automotive production lines such as performing CP and CPk studies, Gauge R&R studies and performing or contracting reliability
studies to automotive standards.
- Must maintain documentation for PPAP, PSW, and all associated, customer required documentation.
- Education: BS in related field such as ME, BSEE, or Chem. E. or equivalent experience or combination of experience and education.
- Must be familiar with Quality systems such as automotive TS16949.
- Must be familiar with solid state sensors. Pressure sensors, strain gauges.
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR.
Measurement Specialties, Inc. offers a highly dynamic environment where people can make a difference. We offer a competitive salary with a full comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) with discretionary company match.
Measurement Specialties is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.